About This Game
Take command of your ship and crew as you explore space, planets, caves, shipwrecks, temples, and other dangerous locations. Find, buy, and sell commodities, equipment, and mysterious artifacts. Defend yourself against aggressive space pirates and hungry planetary denizens. Complete quests for profit, or to change the very power structure of the galaxy!
And the universe is infinite…
There is no limit to the number of sectors and planets you can explore, and there is
no “level cap”. Everything keeps getting more powerful, including your enemies!
- Infinite Universe in Bite-Size Pieces: You can win after 20 levels, or keep going to sector 5000 and beyond! Manageable maps keep you from getting lost in this open-world space adventure.
- Infinite Gear: There are always new weapons, shields, and devices to find, craft, or buy. They just keep getting better, the further you go!
- Infinite Challenge: Sure, your stuff keeps getting better, but the aliens, robots, and monsters get stronger too!
- Infinite Death: Did I mention the monsters? Because MONSTERS! …and black holes and ion storms and horrible diseases and laser-gates and cave-ins and lava and …
- Multiple Victories: Find and escape with the Amulet of Yendor. Become the conscience of a fledgling robotic civilization. Avenge humanity’s decimation or befriend their overthrowers. Ascend to quasi-god-hood. Destroy the universe(?!). Diverse satisfying endings await the intrepid explorer.
Procedural Crafting: Each new game scrambles the crafting recipes! So you think
“surge frequency diode” + “quark screw” = “cloaking device”? Not anymore…
- Sentient Alien Species: 12 alien races with their own stories, agendas, and quest-lines. But remember: taking sides makes not just friends but enemies too.
- Turn Off Perma-Death! Just want to explore? Turn Off Perma-Death! (and achievements.)
Make hard decisions about the lives of your crew:
Discover the remnants of an alien civilization from millions of years ago: The Firaxughinians (“Firax”) used technology to shift their existence into a higher realm, essentially becoming gods. Even their every-day objects are infused with incomprehensible energies…
Okay, but what is the game actually like?
- Customize your captain, class, skill, and ship type.
- Enter sector 1 and start exploring space.
- Take your time moving around the map: every turn could be your last!
- Land on a planet, pick up some resources, fight or avoid the local life forms. Try desperately not to run out of oxygen. Return to your ship with the surviving crew (if any).
- Find the local space station before your ship runs out of supplies. Sell your loot. Buy new weapons, defenses, components, and devices. Find some paying work. Hire a new skilled officer if you can afford them. Maybe buy some crafting parts?
- Explore the rest of this sector, discover clues to hidden locations. Then head for the warp point and travel to sector 2, 3, 10, 20, 51, 200, INFINITY!
- Get better stuff.
- Face tougher challenges.
What’s different about the Steam version so far?
- Fullscreen 1080p display
- New and updated user interface and tile art (Just the map in the new version is larger than the entire game used to be!)
- New monsters, quests, devices, classes, and skills
- Whatever the Steam Community can come up with!